Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger System (2018-2019 GT)
- NOW SHIPPING!
- Largest intercooler system on the market, featuring triple core technology
- Front entry Gen 5 W185ax (3.0 liters/3000cc) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 2.3L and 2.65L roots-type systems
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box (nearly double the stock horsepower)
- 3.0L is 13% larger than 2.65L roots-type allowing lower power draw and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler (over 55% larger than some competition) offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
As featured on many of our LFP 800 Mustang builds, this Whipple Stage 2 system features a larger throttle body and intake, smaller pulley for more boost, and a drop in fuel pump to satisfy higher horsepower demands.
While Whipple broke many rules and records with its record setting S550 supercharger system, holding the title of the most powerful, most advanced supercharger system available, they weren't satisfied and decided to build an all new supercharger from the ground up. The stage 2 supercharger system makes over 800 flywheel HP and over 650 foot pounds of torque.
The new, direct and port injected supercharger system features the brand new Generation 5 3.0L front feed twin-screw supercharger. Not to be confused with the Gen 3 or 4, this all new supercharger features industry leading efficiency from idle to redline. All new bearings, gears, rotors and housing allow the new supercharger to spin faster, longer and safer while producing more power than any other positive displacement supercharger ever built. The new Gen 5 features the 3/4 rotor combination vs previous 3/5, 285 deg helix vs previous 270 deg, new bell mouth inlet, optimizied dishcarge port and increased diameter vs length for higher efficiency.
The 2018 also features an all new triple intercooler design that has even more volume and surface area than the already massive Whipple Cooler that cooled the Ford Cobra Jets and all the record setting S550 Mustangs. Couple this with the industry's leading heat exchanger, water reservoir and intercooler pump, you get more power with lower boost levels and quicker recovery times after aggressive operation.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in it’s ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability. Each Whipple kit comes with unique software and a OBDII flash tool giving the customer the ability to flash/update whenever needed. Each customer
Check out a driving review of our Whipple Stage 2 System!